Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Copywriting

Search engine algorithms are becoming increasingly proficient at weeding out those who are trying to trick them. What they are now looking for are pages that have fresh, authentic copy written on a useful topic.

I found an interesting website where you can find out your rankings on msn, google and yahoo Google Rankings. Surprisingly, I am #1 in every search related to freelance, english and copywriter. So, it appears that I have picked up on the art of SEO, without even knowing what it is.

Actually, checking back later, I've dropped to second, these rankings are rather fickle.

I’ve learned a fair bit along the way. I have been banned from both AdSense and Google at one point. I’ve made my amends, however, and now I at least know what NOT to do. The secret, it seems, is to be prolific and informative and not to be too clever misspelling words and the like (Sorry). Although, I must admit I did start this blog to help me land a job, it has worked much better than I expected.

However, let’s not lose track of the fact that I am still only freelance. We are getting way ahead of ourselves here. I still haven’t accomplished my goal quite yet. I am still at step 8...

Soon I found I had quite a knack for SEO copywriting click here to see some of my early success.

The lack of pictures on this site is depressing - here is a picture of Shaun's backyard.