Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Status Report IV

Well, I have been in Hong Kong for just over five months now. In this time I have managed to land a job here at Publicis, on contract anyway. I’ve been here just over four months, and so far it is going great. I have been working on huge global brands and getting the chance to do TV, as well as national branding campaigns.

I am still living in my little shoebox out in Causeway Bay. I have another six weeks on this contract and I am hoping to renew it. I really like Hong Kong and despite offers to go elsewhere, I am thinking I might stay here for a while (if I keep getting work that is).

I still haven’t completed my mission, and the point of this blog, that being securing full-time work at a 4As agency here in Hong Kong. But I’m close. At least I am in a position to pay off my debts now.

In other news, it's taken a bit of work, but I have managed to restake my claim as the #1 freelance english copywriter in the world (according to google that is).