Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Cantonese 101

Meh Lih Gah – What’s that?
Lee goh – This one
Duk la – it’s good
Ho ah - good
Dim Seem – How’s that?
Tie Gwaila – too expensive!
No motcheen – I have no money
Lay doh – Here
Naw ho ko – I’m poor
Yee ga – Now
Leh – good
Lap sup - rubbish
Dim sun seen – How do you fix it?
Mmm Gee ah – I don’t know
Wu suei – refund
Ho Sauk mong – big disappointment
Lay wok ley – so you say
Ho sun fu – Work harder
Sue meh – what are you smiling about?
Yee. Gom fan gah – Trouble
Chew fa na – super trouble
Fie dee la – Faster!
Ho goy – very tired
Lay sun deem – What do you want?
Mm gwan aussie – Not my problem
Fun gow – sleeping
Lay ding cho min ho king go mong – your Cantonese is good, teach me
Choy soy – talk shit
Gung hei – of course
Heng gay – crashed
Die ga lychee – bless you (when you sneeze – you have to say it)
Ng Ho Yee Cee – sorry
Hung bo – horrible
Mo jay jo – Why? Nothing.
Yok soon - disgusting
Sow gong – go home
Gaht – get lost
Sow pay – don’t talk