Monday, April 02, 2007

So Far So Good

I'm at Ogilvy now. I like it. I didn't have much to do for the first few hours so I just read up everything I could get my hands on about the brand I will be working on. I absorbed the website, its blogs, the template guidelines, old ads, current ads, everything I could find to get a feel for the voice of the brand character.

It is one cheerful character, that is for certain.

Suddenly, I was swamped with six assignments at once. OgilvyOne is in the same office, so the next thing I knew I had work coming at me from every direction, on very short deadlines.

Everyone here is very nice, and the creatives are mixed in with the suits. There are no partitions, the whole place is like a giant star and I have a great view of the city from where I'm sitting.

It's coo. I do miss the people at Publicis though.

Maria came to town last week (thus the lack of posts) and we had a great time at the Peak and Stanley and Repulse Bay. Now, she's in China taking her English teaching course. I think I'll try to visit her this weekend.