Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Status Report V

I’ve been in Hong Kong for over six months now and I have been at Publicis as a freelance copywriter for five and a half. My contract is up in two weeks.

My whole mission in Hong Kong has been to land a permanent spot at a 4A's agency. Go to the first post to see what I mean - freelance copywriter link

I’ve been documenting the whole process for a few reasons.

One was to put myself to the top of the search engines as a part of my initial marketing plan freelance copywriter marketing plan.

The second was to hone my SEO copywriting skills.

The third was to offer some insight into the industry on what it is like to be a freelance copywriter based on someone who was trying to crack the big agencies. There are whole websites and several books devoted to this very thing, so here is an insider’s up-to-the-minute account if any of you are interested.

I’m having a ball in Hong Kong. The hours here are long and the pace is very fast, it is an exciting city to say the least and I love the franticness of it.

I'm a bit edgy though, maybe it's the city, maybe it's because my contract expires March 1st.

I really like working here at Publicis and I would love a permanent job.