Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Creativity

There is a certain state that you hit when doing creative work.

I am pretty sure everyone has experienced it at some point. It is when an idea just appears, out of nowhere. It happens in sports as well. But for me, as I spend most of my time writing, that's where I get the 'spark'.

Experimenting with the frequency of ideas, I would say that idea generation is kind of like a muscle. The more you force yourself to come up with ideas and the more time you spend on it, the more your brain becomes used to 'thinking sideways' or creatively. It is a fun way to see the world.

Here are a few ads that I think are just plain fun, but effective, and the kind of stuff I like.

Canal Plus - March of the Emperor

Coke - Videogame

Sci-Fi - Human Suit

American Express - Wes Anderson

Vodafone - Mayfly