Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hard Day's Night

I've been at work for 34 hours.

I did manage to secure an hour of fitful sleep on the floor, but overall, it has been a crazy day at work.

I have aspiring copywriters writing to me and asking me what it's like to be a copywriter in a large agency. It's great, but days like today make me wonder why I ever gave up moving furniture in an auction house. Actually, not really, but I am exhausted.

I have had six people contact me about work since I've set up this blog. Two job offers, two headhunters and two freelance opportunities. I'm amazed how well it has worked. Despite the long days, I am happy here at Publicis, but man, I'm beat.

Now, some of you at this point may be thinking that this is all work and no play. But that's not true. Click here to find out about the perks of being a freelance copywriter