Friday, November 10, 2006

The Perks of Being a Copywriter

I like how I get to wear whatever I want. It is nice to be able to dress to amuse yourself as opposed to look contained. Today, for instance, I am in my black Banksy shirt and Blackspots over Che Guevara socks and under designer pants with purposeful fraying. Yesterday I was in my black shirt with French cuffs and silver links and shiny Cappellas.

I don’t have to wake up at an ungodly hour. It is much better to work until the wee hours of the morning than it is to get up at that time.

I get paid to sit around and think and write. I enjoy these things, so really, I don’t actually work.

The downside of being a freelance copywriter is having absolutely no semblance of job security.

I had another call from a 4As agency here in Hong Kong yesterday. My online presence is saving me. I am all over the Internet now, #1 for freelance english copywriter in every search engine. I’m happy at Publicis, but it would be nice to sign a proper contract.

Another one of the perks of being a freelace copywriter is that you are constantly producing creative work. It is my philosophy that everything creative is worthwhile.

KC has mentioned that it could be in the cards very soon.

Kate sent me some wedding photos. Here are her feet.