Saturday, August 26, 2006

Everything Creative Is Worthwhile

There is nothing like being in an industry where you are constantly producing creative work. Everything creative is worthwhile. It is a fixture. Four years ago I wrote an Inflight article about the West Coast Trail (I haven't figured out how to post pdfs yet).

But now, it is helping me find work in Hong Kong. Whatever you write doesn't disappear.

It is taking you to the next level, it is always beneficial.

My latest column has been published online. It is very apt if I do say so myself.

Young Jobseekers Use Digital Media Savvy to Crack Tough Job Market.

I know they were reluctant to publish this one, it took me a couple of re-writes to get it up to snuff. There is some blatant self-promotion in there, but at least it's topical!

In other news, David Barlow has some great leads for me regarding freelance work. Hopefully it works out.

In other, other, news - you may have noticed that I changed the name of the blog to Freelance English Copywriter. I figure 'english' is the key word here, although this may shoot me in the foot ten years from now. We'll see.

I am off to find some live music. Being cooped up in this room has started to drive me mad. It's 12:30 on a Friday. We'll see what kind of city this is.