Friday, September 22, 2006

When Writing and Brand Values Align

I think it is important to land a copy job where can write about values that are very close to your heart.

Here I get to write about the virtues or perseverance, determination and hard work to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals. If I can say anything about myself, it’s that I am tenacious. I attribute this to the abundance of dental professionals in my life.

Publicis is founded on the concept of La Holistic Difference, basically that the sum is greater than its parts. I have been thinking about this concept a lot while I’ve been here, and it’s quite true. Think of what makes you like someone, or why you find something beautiful, you never know, you can’t pinpoint it, but the whole picture is appealing.

I also get to write about synchronicity, which goes back to my psychology days, but it is something that has never left me. I am a believer in power of luck, but I also believe that everything happens for a reason, there are no coincidences, the universe is helpful and that luck takes sides (usually in my favour).