Monday, August 28, 2006

A Writer's Monday in Hong Kong

I met with two headhunters today. They had work, but the jobs were not in advertising, more editing etc. I am too honest. I basically told them that even if I took one of these positions as a survival job, I would drop it the second I was offered work in an agency.

I think that pretty much killed my chances.

What I need to do now is get myself registered as a company here in Hong Kong. That way I can get my working visa sorted out and use companies like this as freelance opportunities. One recruiter put me in touch with a girl I am to meet at a wine and cheese type party who has done the whole process from scratch. So I'm off to that on Thursday (looking for work gets you into the strangest places, it is always an adventure if you have the right attitude.)

I love when my phone rings. It only rings about two or three times a week, but it's always good news. I'm meeting with Chris Kyme tomorrow at 6.