Friday, August 25, 2006

The Ups and Downs

I realize how sad and hopeless this must seem to some of you.

Here is this guy trying to get a job in a big agency in Hong Kong. He's put in all this work, but it's not going to happen.

He isn't good enough. What is he thinking?

It's one of those things. If you make it, its a triumph, if you don't you were a fool for even trying.

The only thing keeping me going is knowing that I got into the industry in the first place. It took me 35 meetings. I met everyone. I was tenacious. I never gave up.

Diane took me on. She believed in me, even though my book a the time was a bunch of pencil drawings. I was so happy to have a job. I built a better book (this time with stock photos!) and now I am ready to jump into a pretty big pond. I would be worried that I have bitten off more than I can chew, but there has been glimmers of encouragement. I'll keep pushing on. I'll tough it out again. Because if I can make it here, I can make it anywhere.

Sink or swim? Click this English copywriter link to find out.