Thursday, August 24, 2006

Freelance Copywriting in Hong Kong - Week Three

Okay, I'll get you up to speed.

I have been here for exactly three weeks.

Since I have been here I have contacted every creative director in the city and met with most of them (I'll give you the list next post). So far so good. I have opened a YouTube account so people with Macs can actually see the ads that Kristian and I made in Australia. I have taken out a series of ads on Hong Kong, China Copywriters Directory and I have started this blog.

The original purpose of this blog was to build awareness of the Mike Catherall brand in the online media.

What I am going for is #1 in Google for certain search terms: freelance writer (obviously), Canadian copywriter Canadian writer, advertising copywriter and writer in Hong Kong.

I had similar success with the Creative Wonders blog Sustainability Advertising. It was blogging for CW that I learned some tricks of the trade about how to get certain search words up there. It is all self-taught and a bit clunky at this point, so bear with me.

Also, I have my online column at American Chronicle where I write about the intersections between sustainability and advertising that keeps my name out there.

To see my next step, click on this freelance copywriter link